May 20, 2018
You wont miss a thing if you will read through and also find a Nature Scavenger hunt printable specially for The Green Planet.
The Green Planet is a bio-dome recreating the rainforest ecosystem. This has been my first experience of the Rainforest with so much closeness. We had no idea what we were heading for, though we came out with an undying love for the flora and fauna of the tropics. This enclosed ecosystem is one of a kind in Dubai and flaunts about 3000 species of flora and fauna. A perfect blend of educational and recreational activity for a family outing.
Things you don’t want to miss:
1. The Butterfly cycle: You may be able to watch any one of the four stages from the egg, the caterpillar, the chrysalis or adult butterfly. All those curious minds can finally see it so close.
2. Lazy Sloths: Sloths sleep for bout 15 to 20 hours in a day. That’s it! You might be lucky to catch them awake. Or you could opt for an encounter with the sloths. Please check the timings before.
3. Leaf cutting ants: This is spectacular. You probably would not be able to witness this in a real rainforest. They have recreated a leaf cutting ant cycle for building a nest for their queen. Yes the ants have a queen!
4. Man Made tree: The worlds largest indoor Man Made and life sustaining tree. A forest in a desert. Happens only in Dubai.
5. Up close and personal with Toucan: You are so close to the Toucan literally. The beautiful colours, watching it eat and clicking some incredible shots.
Even as you enter you feel humid and hear birds chirping just like a rainforest. The Bee hive, holding snakes, Macaws, Cuddle birds, spiders, waterfall, lizards all this in the recreated enchanted world of tropical forest for which you really don’t need to travel all the way to Brazil, you can just enjoy it in Dubai. The staff and the interactive displays ensure you have an informative and fun visit. This place is a must go for a family visit.
Also find this Scavenger hunt Printable specially for The Green Planet:
Click to Download the Printable.
Tickets are priced at :
Citywalk, Al Wasl road.
Please follow and like us: