Kale is the king among dense foods. But that isn’t the only reason to make a pesto. Kale pesto is not just nutritious but is also very tasty. The thing about pesto is, it can be churned in a food processor super fast and it goes well with pretty much everything. Serve it with Pasta, Bread, Sandwiches, Roasted Potatoes, or eat a spoonful from the jar.
Benefits of kale
The nutrient content in kale promotes healthy skin, hair, and bones.
If you have not tried kale yet, kale pesto will be the best way to try it out. This Superfood is one of the world’s healthiest foods.
How to make Kale Pesto?
2 cups Chopped kale leaves
1/4 to 1/2 cup raw almonds
1 Lemon juice
1/2 cupOlive oil
A few basil leaves
Salt to taste
Add them all in a food processor and pulse for 30 seconds.
Add Parmesan cheese and pulse again.
A few pointers.
1. Pulse for 30 seconds with all the ingredients, as I like it coarse and not a thin paste. A bit nutty and a bit leafy.
2. Adding lemon lessens the heaviness of kale leaves
3. Add enough olive oil to enjoy the consistency of a dip.
4. I tried it with walnuts, but I prefer almonds more with kale.
5. You can use any proportion of ingredients for your pesto, as you like it.
How to store Kale Pesto?
Unlike basil pesto, kale pesto doesn’t turn dark and can be stored in an air tight container in the refrigerator for about 1 to 2 weeks.
Where can we use Kale Pesto?
Eat it with bread, pasta, zucchini noodles, salads, sautee vegetables, and sandwiches.
Hope you enjoy this Recipe!