Make Frozen Dinosaur Eggs with These Simple Steps
Fantasies always attract kids and this fact could certainly be used well to plan some interesting activities for them. Frozen dinosaur eggs could be a great way to guide your children back to the world of the giant creatures.
Dinosaurs are not a fantasy of course, but it’s surely impossible to see them again. Moreover, you can always find ways to make dinosaur toys an aspect of more fun for your kids. Along with the giants, there is a lot of fun to excavate with these. This science and sensory activity would not take long to become your kids’ favorite. They would also be some of the best inclusions at your kids’ dinosaur themed parties. Create these shining frozen eggs and let your children watch over the little dinosaurs creeping out of their frozen homes.
If you have grown-ups at home, you would certainly need to do nothing much. But for your small ones, you will have to do things. However, there may not require an explanation for the benefits of fun-learning activities for your kids. It is important to seek ways to initiate curiosity within them and let them explore the most fantasizing elements of science, available around them.
How to make frozen dinosaur eggs?
Some activities can be highly creative and interesting and this is one among those. When creativity is considered, you can extend the wings boundlessly. But if you still do not know the basic procedure, here are the instructions for you:
What you need:
Things you need
To make dinosaur eggs, you will need the following:
- Party balloons
- Mini plastic dinosaurs
- Water to freeze
- A container
How to do it?
- Stretch out some plastic balloons. Hold and pull them from the neck. To stretch them a little more, blow it and hold it for about 10 seconds.
- Now, push down a dinosaur carefully inside the balloon.
- Fill water in the balloon and tie it up, tight.
4. Leave the water-filled balloons for freezing for over 4 hours. As you do this make sure you do not squash off the balloons, making weird shapes. The balloons should retain their lovely egg shape.
5. Once they are perfectly frozen, cut off the balloon top and peel away the rest carefully. Make sure that they are frozen well enough or else they may get spoiled.
6.Set out the frozen dinosaur eggs in the icy sensor bin for kids.
Making it interesting
Frozen eggs are, of course, a great fantasy. However, putting in some more efforts to attract the interest of your kids is always important. You can turn it into an interesting science activity too. There are many different ways of doing this. Here are a few to know:
1. Make them colorful: You always have options to make the world a colorful place. Colors can, therefore, be added to these eggs also. Add some food coloring to the water before you fill them into the balloons. You may either keep up with a single color or choose different colors for all.
2. Add some sparkle: sparkle could make dinosaurs interesting even for girls! No, this did not mean that the activity is not for girls. However, it may be one of the best ways to decorate the eggs, retaining their originality. As you peel away the balloons to take out the eggs, drop and roll them into a small heap of colorful or silver sparkle.
3. Recite stories: Stories may be the best to make kids believe that dinosaurs actually existed. This would turn out to be a great adventure for the ones who are too young. Whether school or home you can set out for a small adventure with kids. Let them come up with questions and find answer to them all on their own.
4. Rescue the dinosaurs: What if your stories could help them learn some science? Ask the children for the different ways that can free the dinosaurs from the eggs. Let them get on to some new discoveries of the ways to get these eggs hatched. Once they’re done with their innocent tactics, illustrate them how salt can help the frozen dinosaur eggs hatch faster and the scientific relevance of the fact.
Few more tips
1. This activity is not something you can conduct instantly. You will have to plan thing a day or two ahead. Depending on your freezer, the dinosaur eggs would take time to freeze and form as expected.
2.Not only the eggs but you will also need to put in efforts to make the sensory bin more appealing and attractive. Utilize appropriate decoration for the bin. You may also include some colored, translucent stones along with the frozen eggs.
3. Before you set the eggs in the freezer, make sure that there are no air bubbles inside. Air bubbles may spoil the fun to some extent if you were to perform some science activities.
Utilizing these frozen eggs for some interesting plays would be a great idea. However, in order to make out the best of it ensure that you deal with the surroundings in the best manner. After all, you want the eggs to stay frozen for the entire stuff you have planned. There is also no doubt that it is one of the best ice activities you can set for kids.
Frozen dinosaur eggs are very amazing for children of all ages. However, the little ones would surely love them more. They are just the most preferable ways of arranging fun for your young beings. When planning for grown-up gangs, they may add on well to the creative aspects of science elements. You can plan some really great surprises for your little ones who are madly in love with the dinosaur theme.
Moreover, do not let laziness ruin your efforts to make it all interesting. Let your kids explore some new fantasies around them and within theme along with a few worthy lessons of reality. Create, decorate and hatch open fun and learning with these frozen dinosaur eggs.