Eggless Blueberry Muffins
Blueberry Muffins are absolutely delicious! This simple and classic recipe bakes perfectly every time and you won’t miss the eggs at all. I am always trying something which the kids love, and these muffins are a big hit among kids. The blueberries leave a tang and not to forget the beautiful colour.
I grew up in India and we would get strawberries and mulberries occasionally but we never had blueberries. When I moved to Dubai, I saw a huge rack at the Supermarket filled with blueberries and raspberries, there was no way I wasn’t going to try them. Blueberry Muffins have been famous for years and they are still a favourite. These eggless muffins are soo good they literally melt in your mouth. I love the texture, colour, flavor and it makes perfect for breakfast or snack.
Thought of baking can be overwhelming initially for people like me. Remember grandmothers would always prefer baking everything at home. Once you know the proportions right, it can taste even better than a bakery and you are also sure of the hygiene.
I am sharing the video for this Recipe. You can also look at the instructions below.
Ingredients: (Makes about 4 to 5 big Muffins)
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Blueberries
- 1 teaspoon Cornflour
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- ¾ cup Hot milk (a little more if needed)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Preheat the oven at 180’C
- Wash Blueberries, pat dry and add 2 tbsp flour to them from the flour. So blueberries won’t sink in the batter. This happens more when the batter is thin. In case if your batter is thick no need to add flour to the blueberries separately.
- In a bowl – Mix olive oil, sugar, hot milk, and vanilla essence. Seive flour, baking powder, baking soda, corn flour in another bowl.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients.
- Add Blueberries.
- First, bake for 5 minutes at 200’C then lower the temperature.
- Check the consistency of the batter in the video. I have baked them several times and one in the video is the best consistency. Add less milk if you think the batter is getting thin.
- While baking makes sure you first bake on high and then low. Also, I did put it on broil towards the end for less than 2 minutes.
- You can use choco chips, strawberries or cranberries.
- If you are using frozen blueberries be super careful since your batter can turn blue.
- For a healthier option, you can also use half whole wheat flour.
This eggless Blueberry muffins recipe is definitely a winner in my opinion. They are really tender and the juicy berries just burst in your mouth! And if you don’t have blueberries, shuck in some chopped mango or some chocolate chips, strawberries or cranberries. You cant go wrong!