DIY Cactus Rocks Terranium
Terrarium has been around for long, but lately it seems like everybody wants them. Terrariums are great for a number of reasons – they are low maintenance, add to the décor and they can fit into small spaces to help bringing the outdoor inside the home.
Painting river rocks is therapeutic. You don’t need to be an expert artist but the results are pretty professional looking. Toddler to adults anybody can be involved in the process of painting River Rocks.
Today we will be making a statement décor using the above two concepts together. We will paint Cactus River Rocks and make a beautiful Terrarium. This will mean you can try out your skills at being an artists as well as make a stylish décor piece.
There are definitely a few pointer to be taken care of before we make this décor piece.
Things to remember before painting River Rocks:
1. Pick flat rocks of at least 3 inches. Longer is also good, you get more space to paint. If you can’t find them around, you can always buy them from garden stores. Garden stores always sell these rocks for decorating gardens.
2. Wash off all the dirt. You don’t want the dirt to mix up into your paints and look muddy. Wash all of them together with dishwasher liquid.
3. Use a sealer or prime it up with white paint. So all the holes in the rocks are filled up and you get a more smoother surface to paint on, making your paint look more vibrant.
4. Paint several layers of the base paint and let it dry between layers.
5. Use paint brushes to make the design you desire.
6. Use mod lodge outdoor to finish.
Note: you can always was the rocks in case you don’t like the design while the paint is still wet. We have all done that at some point.
Pointer before you to make a Terrarium:
1. Choose container –
You need to decide of what sort of a container you want depending on your décor style. You can use a mason jar, a fish bowl, a flat dish, something transparent.
2. Choose your terrarium type –
First decide on what sort of a terrarium you want it to look like. In this case I have selected Cactus, but you can make a variety of things.
3. Layer your Terrarium –
Put sand in the bottom layer. And add some decorative mirror pieces from IKEA or anything decorating sand you like.
4. Decoration –
Add some flowers, butterflies, shells, insects and coloured stones to make it look like a beautiful garden.
5. Care for it.
You can change the positions of cactus and decoration pieces as you like. Add some different things from time to time to make it look different every time.
Painting River Rocks to make a diy Cactus Rocks Terrarium with fairy lights, flowers and the works. You can use these River rocks at multiple places. For balcony décor, Table decor, outdoors, paper weights, etc.
What we need:
Procedure for Painting River Rocks:
Procedure for Cactus Rocks Terrarium:
Select your container.
Place you Cactii painted River Rocks decoratively.
You can add some fairy lights for the evening time.
Watch the video to see how I did it.
This Cactus Terrarium has been a wonderful addition into our home and maintenance free plus people love it. Painting River rocks and making a Terrarium both are extremely therapeutic because the results are beautiful.